Yoga Tantra Mantra
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hare Krishna Mahamantra

Go down

How many rounds of Hare Krishna Mahamantra do you chant everyday

Hare Krishna Mahamantra I_vote_lcap100%Hare Krishna Mahamantra I_vote_rcap 100% 
[ 1 ]
Hare Krishna Mahamantra I_vote_lcap0%Hare Krishna Mahamantra I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 1

Hare Krishna Mahamantra Empty Hare Krishna Mahamantra

Post by Kalyaan Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:17 am

Chanting is the way to pray to Lord Krishna, to try and get close to him, to ask for his blessing and mercy.

It is the simplest way to follow in Kali Yuga when we are unable to follow strict Vedic way of life or practice decades of Yogic penance.

This is an ever open poll to which you can vote and see progress for yourself and other devotees. A round of Hare Krishna Mahamantra is 108 japa.

So for example if you do 8 rounds then it means chanting the mantra 8 x 108 times. The minimum chanting a sincere devotee does everyday is 16 (which is 16 x 10.

It is preferrable for beginners to use Neem wood beads. Those with spiritual advancement may use Tulsi wood beads. While travelling or outside temple/home some may use click-counters available for counting the chants

While chanting on beads, one must never cross the head bead and must start the next round from the opposite direction of the mala. The beads must be kept clean in every sense of the word. Use a bead bag for storing or chanting while travelling.

One parable on chanting:
A man was blessed by a sage to receive every comfort he desired through a demon. The demon was supposed to fulfill all the man wished for. The demon however was very irritable. If he didn't have work, he would threaten to kill the man. The man would therefore have to come up with new wishes to keep the demon engaged. Finally, the man sought the help of the sage to rid him of the demon's demand for work & wishes. The sage gave him a work that the man should assign the demon to do.

The work was for the demon to climb up the ladder and climb down and do this again and again. The man was rid of his constant desires and threat to his existence as well.

Similarly chanting on a bead, going up and back, we keep our restless-monkey-like mind engaged in calling the Supreme Lord into our heart, mind and Soul.

Like they say, Chant and Be Happy ! Very Happy Smile Razz Wink 

How many rounds of Hare Krishna Mahamantra do you chant everyday
Kalyaan
Kalyaan
Admin

https://yoga.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum